Initial Mammography Training Course
The MTMI/AQI Initial Training in Mammography course is a comprehensive 4 day course that covers all aspects pertaining to initial mammography training for radiologic technologists interested in crossing over into mammography.
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Obtain knowledge to help prepare for the ARRT Mammography exam.
- Demonstrate basic positioning skills for the CC and MLO views.
- Explain advanced positioning technique for supplementary views, difficult patients and implant patients.
- Review and gain knowledge on breast anatomy, disease processes and pathology.
- Describe how various physical characteristics of the x-ray tube affect mammographic imaging.
- Perform mammographic quality control testing procedures per MQSA guidelines.
- Describe the differences between imaging systems used to perform Full Field Digital Mammography (FFDM) examinations.
- Describe and develop a comprehensive quality assurance program for digital mammography.
- Understand the differences between regulatory bodies, such as MQSA, ACR and the ARRT.
- Describe the parameters in digital imaging that control resolution and contrast.
- Describe newly emerging technologies used with digital mammographic imaging.
# of participants: